Village Trade Directories 1830 - 1939

Between 1830 and 1939 various trade directories were printed every few years. They detail the gentry as well as traders in the village. The period covered coincides with a time when many shops were operating in the village. At the height of commercial activity in the late 19th and early 20th centuries, there were between fifteen and twenty shops of all kinds. Today there are just three including the Post Office.

Select a Directory from the list below or scroll down...

 

Pigot's 1830 Directory

 

Robsons 1835 Directory

 

Pigot 1842 Directory

 

Kelly's 1846 Directory

 

Hunt's 1851 Directory

 

Slater's 1852 Directory

 

1855 Post Office Directory

 

Kelly's 1859 Directory

 

Harrod's 1865 Directory

 

Kelly's 1867 Directory

 

Mercer & Crockers 1871 Directory

 

Kelly's 1875 Directory

 

Kelly's 1880 Directory

 

Kelly's 1885 Directory

 

a

Kelly's 1889 Directory

 

Kelly's 1898 Directory

 

Kelly's 1903 Directory

 

Kelly's 1907 Directory

 

a

Kelly's 1911 Directory

 

Kelly's 1915 Directory

 

Kelly's 1920 Directory

 

a

Kelly's 1923 Directory

 

Kelly's 1927 Directory

 

Kelly's 1931 Directory

 

a

Kelly's 1935 Directory

 

a

Kelly's 1939 Directory

 

Return to the Village History Page

© Bere Regis Village Website 2008 - Site by Chola Design